Love Your Liver – Wednesday 23rd February 2022 – Your Liver is a fantastically efficient part of your body that performs hundreds of tasks – when it’s working well!. Chorleywood Health Centre is pleased to invite you to a Patient Education Session. The liver is an organ about the size of a football. It sits just under your rib cage on the right side of your abdomen. The liver is essential for digesting food and ridding your body of toxic substances. It is a vital organ that performs hundreds of tasks related to metabolism, energy storage, and waste filtering. It helps you digest food, convert it to energy, and store the energy until you need it. It also helps filter toxic substances out of your bloodstream.
Join this informative webinar to discover:
- How do you know if your Liver is even slightly unhealthy?
- What are the ways to keep your Liver looking like the one on the left?
- How important is a healthy diet – and being abstemious with the alcohol?
- What are common Liver problems, how can I spot them, and how can they be managed?
- Why are there so many types of Hepatitis?
- What’s the relationship between Liver Disease and Diabetes Type2?
Top London Consultant. Mr David Nasralla, will have all the answers! You can read more about him here.
Of course you may have different questions that you want answered! If you have please email them to Anjana.Yick@hcahealthcare.co.uk and I’ll send them to the Consultant before the webinar! You can see what questions have been asked already by clicking on the “Access the Event” box at the upper right of your screen.
IMPORTANT – PRIVACY NOTICE
This is a public online event
The name you log in with on Teams will be visible in the list of online participants
We advise that prior to joining the event you turn your video camera off on your device and mute your device.
- if you choose to enable your camera, your video stream (including images of yourself) will be captured. Anything or anyone else that may be in the background could be seen by other participants and recorded; this could mean that if you have your picture or video image on screen this might include whatever you have in the background . You can choose to put up a background in Microsoft Teams meetings to stop any additional pictures of your home being recorded
- your audio stream, if you choose to enable your audio device during the meeting; this could include any opinions you contribute and anything you say about yourself as well as background noise including people around you.
This event is designed to be interactive so the online chat option will be enabled. The name of participants who use the online chat will be visible to other participants in the chat feed.
You can choose to anonymise your name in the chat options prior to joining the meeting.
- Chat within the meeting could also be captured in the meeting recording.
If you wish to ask questions prior to or after the meeting but do not wish to use the chat facility then you can email Anjana.Yick@hcahealthcare.co.uk who will
THIS EVENT WILL BE RECORDED AND SHARED ON CHORLEYWOOD HEALTH CENTRE’S WEBSITE.
BY REGISTERING OR ATTENDING THE EVENT YOU CONSENT TO THE ABOVE PRIVACY NOTICE
When the events are live simply click on the subject to go to the Eventbrite page to book your place – it’s free, and everyone is welcome. You don’t need to have extensive technology knowledge or experience to take part, simply click on the link on the Eventbrite page up to 15 minutes before the start time and get the answers to everything you wanted to know about the subject of the Seminar. It works on any computer, smartphone or tablet!
Recorded Seminars – you can watch them back!
Blood Pressure – 25th May Mr Raj Khiana, Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Free Hospital gave a fantastic talk and answered all our questions on Blood Pressure; you can watch the video here. Cardiovascular Care at HCA Healthcare UK
Weight Management and Diabetes – 28th September – Weight management is of great importance to people, especially those who also have a diagnosis of Diabetes. Dr Patel Consultant, Endocrinologist and Senior Dietician, Nehal Keshwala presented a patient education talk about weight management and diabetes. You can watch the video here
If you would be interested in more information about Weight Management Services please complete the form and we will contact you with more information.
Men’s Health – 2nd November We were joined by Consultant Urologist, Mr G Ellis. Please see link for more information about Prostate Cancer HCA UK Prostate Centre brochure
Need to know more or have suggestions for topics that you would like to know more about? Please feedback via the Patient feedback page with any questions, concerns or comments.