Chorleywood Health Centre

Complaints and compliments


If you would like to feedback your experience at Chorleywood Health Centre please complete the patient feedback form here.


We hope that you are satisfied with the care provided. If, however, you feel that this is not the case the following guidelines will assist you. The Complaints Process Patient Leaflet

Talk to us

Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treatment or care they have received at Chorleywood Health Centre.

We understand that we may not always get everything right and, by telling us about the problem you have encountered, we will be able to improve our services and patient experience.

Who to talk to

Most complaints can be resolved at a local level. Please speak to a member of staff if you have a complaint; our staff are trained to handle complaints.  Alternatively, ask to speak to the complaint’s manager, Tracy James, Assistant Manager. A complaint can be made verbally or in writing.  A complaints form is available from reception Complaints Form Sometimes we will ask you to put the complaint in writing if it will help with our investigation.

If for any reason you do not want to speak to a member of our staff, then you can request that NHS England investigates your complaint. They will contact us on your behalf:

NHS England

PO BOX 16738


B97 9PT

03003 112233


Time frames for complaints

The time constraint on bringing a complaint is 12 months from the occurrence giving rise to the complaint, or 12 months from the time you become aware of the matter about which you wish to complain. The complaints manager will aim to respond to all complaints within three business days. We will aim to investigate and provide you with the findings as soon as we can and will provide regular updates regarding the investigation of your complaint.

Investigating complaints

Chorleywood Health Centre. will investigate all complaints effectively and in conjunction with extant legislation and guidance.


Chorleywood Health Centre. will ensure that all complaints are investigated with the utmost confidentiality.

Third party complaints

Chorleywood Health Centre. allows a third party to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide consent for them to do so.  A third-party patient complaint form is available from reception Complaints Form

Final response

Chorleywood Health Centre. will issue a final formal response to all complainants which will provide full details and the outcome of the complaint. We will liaise with you about the progress of any complaint.

Advocacy support

  • POhWER support centre can be contacted via 0300 456 2370
  • Advocacy People gives advocacy support on 0330 440 9000
  • Age UK on 0800 055 6112
  • Local Council can give advice on local advocacy services

Further action


If you are dissatisfied with the outcome ofComplaints Formyour complaint from either NHS England or this organisation then you can escalate your complaint to Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) at either:

Milbank Tower, Milbank




 Citygate, Mosley Street


M2 3HQ

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Policy updated 17.06.22