Patients undergoing investigations should be followed up in an appointment with a doctor / nurse which you should initiate. On occasions and by prior agreement it may be suitable to follow up by phone contact.
Please note that receptionists are not qualified to give out or interpret test results.
As an approximate guide the time gaps between having a test and the results being made available are:
- Blood tests – 5 working days
- Anticoagulation test – 1 working day
- Pregnancy test – 3 working days
- Urine tests – 5 working days
- X-rays – 10 working days
- Cervical smears – 4 weeks